Padmavathi is Goddess Lakshmi, consort of Sri Venkateswara swamy (Lord Vishnu)
Worship Timings: 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM
How to reach
5 kms from Tirupati RTC Bus stand and Tirupati Railway station
Sri Padmavathi Devi temple,
Tiruchanoor, Tirupati, Chittoor (Dist.),
This temple needs to be compulsorily visited and paid homage, as the Tirupati Darshan gains total fruition only through the blessings from Goddess Padmavathi.
|Name of the Seva||Timings|
|Sahashra Namarchana||5:30 AM|
|Padmavathi Parinayam (Kalyanotsavam)||10:30 AM|
|Unjala Seva||5:00 AM|
|Ekantha Seva||9:00 AM|
|Sarvadarsanam||7.00 AM to 6:00 PM
7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
|Name of the Seva||Day||Timings|
|Astadala Pada Padmaradhanam||Monday||6:45 AM|
|Tiruppavada Seva||Tuesday||7:00 AM|
|Vastralankara Seva||Friday||5:30 AM|
|Lakshmi Puja||Friday||9:00 AM|
|Pushpanjali Seva||Saturday||6:45 AM|
|Name of the Seva||Day||Timings|
|Astothara Sata Kalasabhishekam||1st Wednesday of Every Month||6:45 AM|
|Name of the Seva||Month|
|Vara Lakshmi Vratham||August|
|Laksha Kumkumachana (Ankurarpana Day of Brahmotsavams)|
|Pushpa Yagam (Panchami Teertham Next Day)|
|Name of the Seva||Timings||Cost (Rs.)|
|Saswatha Nithyarchana||Life Time||1650|
|Saswatha Unjala Seva||Life Time||1116|
At Alamelu Mangapuram, you can witness important celebrations throughout the year.
- During the Navarathri Festival (Dussehra), the Alamelu Mangapuram temple also takes part in the nationwide celebration of good over Evil.
- At the Kartheeka month festival, the Lord presents precious gifts to his beloved. During this time the lord sends costly sari, blouse piece, holy tulsi, turmeric leaves and exquisite delicacies offering birthday presents to the Goddess Padmavathi atop a splendidly decorated Elephant. This is followed with a celebrated procession in an ivory palanquin for a holy bath in Padma Sarovar.
- The Theppotsavam (boat festival) is an important celebration, which occurs in the five days during the month of Jyeshtha month (June month).
- Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple and Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple are historically interconnected and conditional on each other. During the festival of Vasanthotsavam, we devotee’s celebrate this with the procession atop the golden chariot during the 2nd day of the festival.
- The festival of Sri Padmavathi Parinayam is held during Navami, Dasami and Ekadasi in the month of Vaisaka month. During the three-day festival, the majestically decorated idol of Sri Malayappa Swamy of Lord Venkateswara, arrives in grand style on the Gaja vahanam, Aswa vahanam and Garuda Vahanam on the three consecutive days.
Legend/Purana of the Sri Alamelu Mangapuram Temple
Once the entitled Maharshi Bhrigu came to visit at Vaikunth to see Lord Vishnu. At the time, the Maharshi entered the Vaikunth, the Lord Mahavishnu was sound asleep. The Maharshi took this as a direct insult and avenged this self-assumed offense with a kick to the chest of Lord Vishnu. The awakened Lord Mahavishu graciously accepted his fault, and afterwards paid proper homage to Maharishi. But the Goddess Lakshmi was a silent spectator to the entire affair. Unable to carry the burden of witnessing the abuse of the Lord Vishnu at the hands of Maharshi Bhrigu, Goddess Lakshmi alighted from Vaikunth, seeking penance in a humble location at Earth near Swarnamukhi river.
After 12 years of hard tapas, she emerged from the Golden Lotus on the 13th year on Panchami day during the last fortnight of Karteeka month. At this time the bright Uttarashadha Nakshatra was shining towards the earth. Here the Goddess Lakshmi was reincarnated as a Divine Child, capturing the King Akashraja who took her as a daughter and naming her after the Lotus as Sri Padmavathi.
At this time, Lord Maha Vishnu also alighted downwards the Earth, seeking Goddess Maha Lakshmi. As Mahavishnu’s Lord Vekateswara Avatar, he was able to find and marry Sri Padmavathi.
Nearby Places to visit
At a close proximity to the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple, you can plan and align your Alamelu Mangapuram temple with a number of other temples. Among them here are a few obligatory visits for a true devotee.
Srinivasa Mangapuram: These historically two intricately connected temples are located apart at a distance of 14 KM. And the Tirumala Venkateswara Swamy temple is located at a distance of 27 KM. During a day of normal rush, you can comfortably visit the three temples in a single day.
Sri Kalahasti Temple: These two important temples are located apart at a distance of 37 KM. This distance could be covered in less than one hour with a private vehicle or taxicab. With its central location, you can find a public transport service (both bus and railways) to reach the Sri Kalahasti Temple within one and half hours.
Kanipakum Temple: Sri Kanipakam Vinayaka Temple is one of the famous South Indian Ganesha temples located in the temple-district, located at a distance of 67 KM. You can transverse this distance within a time-span of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Visit Alamelu Mangapuram and be blessed.