Ksheerarama is one of the five, Pancharama Kshetras and is located in Palakollu, in AP.
Lord Shiva is known as Ksheera Ramalingeswara Swamy (Lors Shiva) installed by Vishnu and his consort is Parvathi ammavaru.
Sri Ksheera Ramalingeswara Swamy vari Devasthanam,
Palakol, West Godavari – 534 260
Morning: 5:30am–11:30 am
Evening: 4:00pm–8:30 pm
How to reach:
- Bhimavaram 24km
- Machilipatnam 95km
- Narsapur 10km – Railway station here.
- Visakhapatnam is the nearest airport.
Available in Palakol town
- The Sivalinga was established by Lord Vishnu.
- It is believed that staying one day in Ksheerarama is equivalent to staying one year in Varanasi.
- It is one of the five powerful Shiva temples in Southern India that form the Pancharama Kshetram.
- The remaining four are: Somarama Temple in Bhimavaram; Draksharama Temple in Draksharamam; Kumararama Temple in Samalkota; and Amararama Temple in Amaravati, state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The temple tower is one of the tallest among the temple towers in AP with height of the temple is 120 ft and 9 floors and was constructed during the Chalukya period (9th century) during the reign of Chalukya Bheema.
- The Shivling is a unique milky white in colour and the tallest.
- There are 72 pillars made of black stone in the temple mandapa.
- The Gostani River flows through Palakollu and there is a sangam (confluence) near Narsapur with the Godavari River.
- From here the river flows into the sea at Antarvedi.
- The Moola Virat (lingam), can be seen from the windows of the Garbha Gudi on all four sides.
- Mahasivaratri is an important festival when thousands of people offer prayers to seek the blessings of the Ksheera Ramalingeswara Swamy to attain Mukti.
Visit Ksheeraram and seek blessings.