Sri Pydithalli Ammavaru (goddess Parvathi) is famous temple in AP.
Sirimanu utsavam is most popular event with lakhs of people visit every year
Sri Pydithalli Ammavari Temple Devasthanam
Vizianagaram – 535002
Do’s & Don’ts
- Respect and promote religious sentiments among co-pilgrims
- Contact Devasthanam Office for any information regarding the temple
- Pradakshinam (keeping the shrine to your right) with devotion before entering the temple
- Should follow the procedure usage and custom of the temple
- Follow the procedures of the temple and wait for your turn for the darshan of the Lord
- Deposit your offerings in the hundi only
- Should wait for our turn for the darsan of Lord
- Be maintain silence
- Keep your belongings safely with your own risk
- Vehicles and Chappals should be left at proper places only
- To maintain and wear sampradaya vastrams
- Should co-operate with Temple staff.
- Don’t eat non-vegetarian food. Don’t consume liquor or other intoxicants.
- Don’t wear footwear, or move around in a vehicle, in and around the premises of the temple.
- Don’t prostrate (sastanga danda pranamam) inside the temple.
- Don’t throw away the prasadam and teertham given to you at the temple.
- Don’t spit or be a nuisance inside the temple premises.
- Don’t pay obeisance with only one hand.
- Don’t sit with your back facing the Deity.
- Don’t talk about your wealth, money and status.
- Don’t quarrel in the temple premises.
- Don’t sleep in the temple premises.
- Don’t cause any disturbance or obstruction to the co-pilgrims.
Well connected by Road and Train and Air.
Rail: Madhira is the nearest Railway Station, 18 Kms away.
Plane: Gannavaram Airport is 92 Kms.
Every Day 6.00 AM TO 1.00 PM & 1.30 PM TO 8.00 PM
Sarva Darshanam – free
Dasara nav rathris special poojas
Sri Chakra Kumkumarchana
- Distribution of free prasadam and Nitya Anna Prasadam are providing every day.
- At the time of Maladharana during festival days, free accommodation and free prasadam are arranged
Distribution of free prasadam and Nitya Anna Prasadam are providing every day.
At the time of Maladharana during festival days, free accommodation and free prasadam are arranged .
Laddu – Rs.10/-
Pulohora – Rs. 5/-
Amenities to Pilgrims
- Drinking water facility is provided in chadurugudi and Vanamgudi,
- Milk and biscuits were distributed to the children during festival days as per the orders of the Hon’ble Minister for endowment, AP, Hyderabad.
- Shamiyanas/Pandals are provided during summer and festivals days.
- Butter milk and chalivendram are provided in the premises of temple during summer.
- Queue lines and ramps are providing on every Tuesday and festival days for smooth and safe darshan od goddess Ammavaru.
- Spiritual discourses are arranged on every Tuesday at Chandurugudi
- Chandi homam is conducted at chandurugudi and Vanamgudi for peace and welfare of the people.
- Shelter and bath Room were provided at kesakhandana
Near By Temples
Ramateertham – 13km
Sri Suryanarayana Temple, Arasavilli – 60km
Ramanarayanam – 15km
Punyagiri – dara gamgamma, siva temple
Kumili – 12 temples
Story about the Goddess
It was during 1737, when Peda Vijayaramaraju was busy in Bobbili battle, second Anand has taken the charge of crown and died in the year 1760. The wifes also died along with him in sati sahagamanam. Then wife of Peda Vijayaramaraju Rani Chandrayamma has adopted Vijayaramaraju who belongs to Vizianagaram dyansty as per history. If we go through the history of 104 temples constructed by Vizianagar Sanstan some history of those temples can be known by virtue of their location. But there is no specific history about the Sri Pydithalli Ammavaru temple constructed by this sanstan. But as per rumours or by some stories it is seen that Pydithalli Ammavaru is Grama Devata of Vizianagaram. Some say that this Ammavaru is sister of Maharanis of Vizianagaram. But there are many evidences that Pydithalli Ammvaru belongs to Vizianagaram dynasty. Eventhough there are no perfect proofs regarding birth and other details of Pydimamba, as per the peoples saying, after completion of Bobbili battle after Vijayadasimi on the next tuesday and idol was found in the west side of Pedda Charuvu of Vizianagaram. It is known “Pyidimamaba” village goddess of Vizianagaram. It was in 1750 when French leader Bussy was staying with entire battalion near Hyderabad. Many soldiers have died due to some disease (Masuchi). He was running with financial crisis
Vijyaramaraju of Vizianagaram helped him to overcome financial crisis and rebuild his battalion. In 1756 Bussy visited Rajahamundy. It is heard that Vijayaramaraju has given a warm welcome to Bussy by going in front at Rajahmundy. At that time Bobbili Maharajas were ruling with full power. There are some differences between Bobbili Maharajas and Vizianagaram Rajas regarding power. Because of those differences and some reasons Bobbili battle started in January 23rd 1757. During the battle entire Bobbili fort got destroyed and many Bobbili soldiers died in the battle. The wife of Vijayaramaraju and Sister Sri. Pydimamba tried to stop the battle by hearing the news and were not succeeded. By that time only Sri Pydimamba sister of Vijayaramaraju was suffering from Masuchi disease. While she was in the puja of Goddess she came to know that Vijayaramaraju is in trouble. She wanted to inform her brother regarding this and tried to convey the message through Vizianagaram soldiers, but every one was in the battle. She started with Patiwada Appalanaidu to convey the message in a horse cart. But, by that time only in the middle she got the news that Vijayaramaraju died in the hands of TandrapapaRayudu. She felt unconscious. Patiwada Applanaidu sprinkled water over her face and she came to conscious stage and told Appalanaidu that she will not live more. She is getting mixed with Goddess. Her statue will be found at west side of Pedda Charuvu. It is known that incident took place in the place where now Railway station opposite temple is constructed.
Every year on the first Tuesday passing Vijayadasami Sirimanu Utsav is being celebrated. Sirimanu means a big tree. It is known that before 15 days of Sirimanu Utsav goddess Pydimamba will come in the dream of temple Pujari and tell him where the Sirimanu for this year is located. Pujari will go in search of sirimanu and will cut the sirimanu with performing puja etc. That sirimanu can be located any where. The owner must agree to cut his tree for Utsav. That tree will be shaped neatly in to Sirimanu and will be placed over the chariot. This sirimanu will be brought to 3 Lanters junction around 2 PM in the afternoon. At around temple Pujari will make darshan of Goddess and will sit on the Sirimanu chariot. This sirimanu will move 3 times to Vizianagaram fort and temple between 3 PM to 4 PM. The Vizianagaram rajahs will sit on the top of the fort and watch the Utsav. Pujari will be given new clothes by Rajas and puja is performed. In front of Srimanu there will be a chariot in the shape of White elephant.
Importance of White elephant
Many people does not know about the white elephant moving in front of Sirimanu chariot. But in the olden days Maharajas used to sit on this white elephant and participate in Sirimanu Utsav. Now as per the present situation white elephant statue is being moved in front of Sirimanu as a part of tradition.
Importance of Anjali Chariot
Sri Pydimamba died before getting married. So 5 Married women were made sit on the Anjali chariot which is on the front of Sirimanu as a part of tradition. As 5 married women are sitting on this chariot, this is called Anjali chariot. Secondly along with this sirimanu Paladhara, an umbrella made with fishing nets decorated with flowers and fruits is important.
Importance Of PalaDhara
As per history when Goddess statue will be found in west side of pedda cheruvu Patiwda Appalanaidu has tried to bring the statue out by calling professional swimmers of Yata Veedhi. They agreed to bring the statue out with out taking money on putting a condition that their people will participate with srimanu utasav with umbrella made of fishing nets. Patiwada Appalanaidu agreed to their condition and made the rajas convinced for allowing them to participate in Sirimanu Utsav.
Exactly before sunset Sirimanu Utsav closes. Not only from nortern parts of Andhra Pradesh, many people from Orissa, Madhya pradesh will come to see this Utsav. After completion of Utsav near 3 lanters junction at Vizianagaram thousands of people will make darshan of sirimanu. Farmers will take a small part of branch and keep it near plough at their house to have a good crop in the coming year.
Visit Pyditalli temple and seek blessings.