Krishna Pushkaram for river Krishna is observed for a period of 12 days from the time of entry of Jupiter into Virgo (Kanya rasi) once in 12 years.
Next Krishna Pushkaram – 2028
- The festival is observed throughout the 12 months that the planet remains in that sign, but the first 12 days are considered most sacred as per the beliefs.
- Devotees take holy dip and offer Anjali (Namskaram), Arghyam (water), Haldi (Turmeric), Kumkum, Tamboolam, Coins, New Cloths, Light Lamp and give Aarti.
- All rivers are considered holy and they are life lines of Indian agriculture.
- Praying rivers will bless us with sufficient water, rains and abundant food supplies.
- Temples are built on river banks and during Pushkaram devotees visit these temples and offer prayers, poojas.
- Pinda pradanam is done for departed souls for attainment of moksha to them.
- Vijayawada: Padmavathi Ghat, Krishnaveni Ghat, Durga Ghat, Sithanagaram Ghat, Punnami Ghat, Bhavani Ghat, Pavitra Sangamam (Ferry) Ghat
- Kurnool: Patala Ganga Ghat (Srisailam), Sangameswaram River Ghat
- Gadwal, Mahaboob Nagar Juraala, Beechupally.
- Karnataka: Chikodi (Bagalkot), Raichur (Krishna Taluk)
Word of caution:
- Water gets polluted with thousands of people taking holy dips
- Rush and stampede during festival days can cause injuries and loss of property.
- With the changing world scenario and eruption of new diseases, Water borne diseases, Skin allergies, diseases may get contacted for life time.
- Avoid skin contact with anyone in bath
- Avoid bathing/dip in crowdy places.
- Avoid carrying valuables while going for pushkar bath.
- Holy dip with pure minds will absolve all sins and its right time to take a vow to lead moral, ethical and legal life
- Learn your traditions and culture and read religious scriptures.