Sri Siddheswari Peetham is located in Courtallam, Tirunelveli district, Tamilnadu state in India. Courtallam is a tourist center in India famous for its waterfall and natural beauty.
Know about Courtallam:
- Famously known as “Agasthya Kshethram”. Agasthya is a great sage who made Courtallam his permanent abode along with his wife Loopamudha a gaint Sri Vidyopasaka.
- There are nearly twelve falls. The Chithra Nadhi river a tributary to Tambraparni River starts from hilltops and identified as oldest falls. Main falls are Champaka Falls, VIP falls, Tiger falls, Honey falls.
- Courtallam is recognised as summer resort for middle class people. Showers druing monsoon period has medicinal values and lakhs of people visit during this time.
Know about Sri Siddheswari Peetham:
Sri Siddheswari Peetham is located in Courtallam. It is established by His Holiness Sri Sivachidananda Saraswathi Swamy (popularly known as Sri Mounaswamy) and he himself became the Founder and pontiff.
- Peetham is situated in about 150 acres. His Holiness Mounaswamy and the Peethadhipatis who followed after established several temples in the mutt premises. This makes the Peetham a unique place for devotees to pray, meditate and enjoy the natural beauty. The devotees who visit the mutt return back with peace and joy.
- Sri Raja Rajeswari Devi known as “Sri Siddheswari Devi” is presiding deity and her consort is Lord “Kameswara”
- 1916, Oct 3: HH Sri Mounaswamy installed the idol of Sri Raja Rajeswari Devi during the holy days of Nava Rathri.
- 1951 – Mounaswamy attained siddhi.
- Devotees believe that Devi with her smiling face will shower benign grace to all who offer prayers.
Other Temples inside Courtallam Peetham
Maha Meru (Maha Marakatha Sri Chakra Meru)
A big Marakatha Meru (made of green stone) was installed in front of Sri Siddheswari Devi. Sri Chakram is of 1m X 1m X 1m size, which is of its unique in its kind in India. Sri Chakra Meru is the king of all yantras.
Any desire can be fulfilled by doing Sri Chakra Archana to this Meru. Sri Lalitha devi’s grace can attained quickly by doing Pooja to this Maha Meru.
H.H Sri Mounaswamy installed a large idol of Siddhi Vinayaka under the Aswatha Vriksha. After the installation ceremony, at the time of Aarathi, it was found to the amazement of the devotees, that the idol was oscillating and the movements of the idol was also visible. Besides, as in the human beings, heart beat along with Pulse of the idol (Naadi) was also observed clearly. All the devotees and doctors checked thoroughly and found the pulse clearly through their stethoscopes. Geologists came from Tirunelveli district tested the idol and confirmed the strange phenomenon.
It is believed that whoever with unfilled desires breaks a coconut after prayers at the threshold of the temple their desires are subsequently fulfilled.
Paathala Pratyangira Devi
This is an underground temple. Pratyangira Devi is the fierceful goddess, powerful guardian against the effects of black magic. It is believed that those who worship Pratyangira if suffering from opposition and enmity they will be relieved, enemy can be succumbed and the problems will come to an end. Pratyangira homam is performed with dried red chillies to destroy negative forces, misfortune, rivalry and regaining of the lost power.
Kaali and Kaala Bhairava
Generally Kaali and Kaala Bhairava have separate temples. But in Kapaala theertha of Kaasi and in Siddheswari Peetham, Courtallam both are installed at one place and Kaali Kaala Bhairava kalyanam is specially performed. Kaali is the incarnation of Goddess Parvathi. Kaala Bhairava is the ferocious form of Lord Shiva. Kaali and Kaala Bhairava Pooja is done to cure all illness, to prevent major accidents. Kaali and Kaala Bhairava homam is performed to extend the life span.
Mounaswamy installed Dandayudhapani. Dandayudhapani is the Kshetra Paalaka of Sri Siddheswari Peetham. Mounaswamy attained siddhi in Dandayudhapani’s temple.
Sanjeeva Raaya Hanuman
Sanjeevaraaya Hanuman is the Kshetra Rakshaka of Sri Siddheswari Peetham. Hanumath Jayanthi is celebrated every year.
Shiridi Sai Baba
Sri Siddheswari Peetham is the only Sankara Peetham with Shiridi Sai temple. Mounaswamy and sai baba were friends and exchanged their yoga saadhanas like Khanda yoga. So Shiridi Sai baba is worshipped in Siddheswari Peetham.
Additionally, following deities are also present at the Peetham:
- Nava Grahas
- Lord Ayyappa
- Lord Santana Venu Gopala Swamy
- Lord Yoga Narasimha
- Seeta Devi and Lord Rama
Valli Deva Sena Sahita Sri Subramanya Swamy
How to reach and contact info
Sri Siddheswari Peetham Courtallam
Om Sri Lalitha Devyai namaha:
Om Sri Matre Namaha:
Lalitha devi is Adi Shakti and source of all energies in this world. Pray Shakti and get blessed.