Vaishno devi temple is in cave hence called Holy cave temple. It has a rock form with three heads atop it also called Holy Pindies representing. Maha Saraswati, Maha Lakshmi and Maha Kali
Millions of devotees from all over the world believe and have faith in Mata Vaishno devi for fulfillment of their desires and wishes. The pilgrimage to the Shrine holds great significance for the pilgrims.
One will make journey to Mata shrine only after getting Bulawa or calling form Mata to have Mata’s blessings. This is where devotees believe Mata calls her devotees to visit and benefit.
Divine Mother sends a call to her devotees. and once a person receives it, the visit to the Holy Shrine is going to fruitful one to receive blessings.
The temple history and Legend
- Pandavas were the first to build the temples at Kol Kandoli and Bhawan in reverence and gratitude for the Mother Goddess.
- Guru Gobind Singh visited Mata via Purmandal.
- Shaktipeeth as the skull of Mata Sati fell here.
- 700 yrs back – Mata had helped organize a Bhandaara at Pandit Shridhar’s place. She left amidst the Bhandaara. Shridhar felt immense grief and fasted for days praying for Vaishnavi to reappear.
- Mata Vaishnavi appeared in his dream and told him to search for her at the Holy Cave situated amidst the folds of the Trikuta Mountain. She showed him the way to the Holy Cave and insisted him to break his fast. Shridhar then went on to discover the Holy Cave in the mountains and finally he reached his destination. Mata blessed him with a boon of four sons and a right to worship her manifestation and asked him to spread the glory of the Holy Shrine all over. Pandit Shridhar then spent his remaining life in the service of Mata at the Holy Cave.
Jai Mata Di
“Sri Matre Namaha:”