Devagiri – Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga and is believed as the Last or 12th (twelfth) Jyotirlinga on the earth.
Location: Verul village, 11 km from Daulatabad (Devagiri) and 30 km from Aurangabad.
- The Lingamurty faces eastward. There is a gorgeous Nandikeshwara in the court hall.
- It is half a km away from the Buddhist caves of Ellora
- The Ajanta Caves and Dulatabad town of Maharashtra are situated nearby.
- The Garbhagriha measures 17 ft x 17 ft.
- Temple is 240 ft x 185 ft is strong and beautiful, with exquisitely sculpted walls, was built under the patronage of Queen Ahilyabai Holkar.
- Holy water is known to spring from inside the temple.
Temple Timings Open 5.30 am – 9.30 pm
During Shravan (Aug-Sep): 3 am – 11 pm
How to reach Grishneshwar Jyotirling Temple
- Nearest Airport is located at Aurangabad 29 km from Grishneshwar (Verul village).
- Nearest Railway station is Aurangabad 22 km , which is not in the main route.
- Nearest major Railway Station is Manmad at distance of 86 km
- Pune – 256 km
- Mumbai – 359 km
- Hyderabad – 555 km
- Nasik – 187 km
- Shirdi – 122 km
More info on 12 Jyotirlingas