Aundha Naganath/Nageshwar Jyotirling is in Basmat, Hingoli in Maharashtra.
How to Reach
- By Air : Aurangabad airport , 210 km away.
- By Rail : Chondi, 21 km, Mumbai – Chondi, 614 km, Hingoli 25 km,
51Km from Parbhani railway station
- By Road: Mumbai-Aundha, 579 km, Nagpur-Aundha, 359 km, Aurangabad – Aundha, 210 km, Parbhani – Aundha, 50 km. State Transport buses ply from Nanded, Parbhani, Chondi,Hingoli to Aundha. 120Km from Parli
Aunda Naganath Jyotirlinga: This is very old temple built by Rani Ahilya Bai. The place where the temple is there is called Darukavanam. The above shloka says ‘Nagesam Darukavane’ as such it is believed that this is the actual jyothirlinga.
- The main deity at aundha is in under ground. One can perform abhisheka by purchasing the ticket. The men need not remove their shirts while performing the abhisheka. After the abhisheka the silver cover on the linga is removed and one can have the darshan of the main deity. While coming out from the inner temple one has to climb a 3 feet step which is difficult for ladies and old people.
Food : One can have good food at National dhabha which 2Km from the temple.
Accommodation : Parbhani where reasonable budget lodges at are available.
Places of interest :
- Jintur is 40 Km from Aunda where Digambar Jain temple is there. The statue of Mahaaveerji here is in almost floating state and just one inch above from the ground and resting on tip of a stone. . It is said that 500 years back this statue was floating six inches above the ground and when Moghals raided this area it was covered with earth and later the equilibrium was lost.
- Nanded which is 64 Km from aundha is another place of interest where we will find famous Gurudwara and Guru Govindji ka samadhi.
More on 12 Jyotirlings