Somnath Mahadev Jyotirling
Respect and believe in Hinduism to feel the divinity and blessings
The DOs & DON’Ts are general and every devotee is expected to be disciplined, well dressed, respect the culture, traditions and faiths of every other person.
- Fill your heart, thoughts with Lord Shiva and chant “Om Namashivaaya:”
- People of any race and religion can enter the temple. But no one is permitted to enter the main Sanctum Sanctorum except the priests.
- A person who has the faith in Hinduism can offer his/her prayer.
- Entrance is free of cost
- All the Electronic/Electric Equipment, Gadgets are strictly prohibited (viz. Mobile, Camera, laptop, tablets, calculators, etc etc.). All these can be stored in Lockers available in Cloak Room at free of cost.
- Dress code: Mini Skirts and Disrespectful Dress is not permitted and you are advised to avoid it.
- Smoking is NOT ALLOWED within the vicinity of temple at all times.
- Photography is strictly prohibited. You can Purchase High Resolution Photographs / Frames from Souvenir Counter.
- Pooja Vidhi / Donations are accepted by any means (viz. Cheque/Cash/Online). Please request for a receipt, when donations are handed to the administrative staff. Alternatively you can deposit in the donation box kept within the temple. Cheques / D.D. should be in Favour of SHREE SOMNATH TRUST payable at Prabhas Patan.
More info on 12 Jyotirlingas