Srisailam – Mallikarjuna – Jyotirling
Lord Mallikarjuna swamy (Shiva) and Bhramaramba devi (goddess Parvati)
Lord Mallikarjuna (Shiva) swamy is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas
and his consort Goddess Bhramaramba Devi is one of the 18 Maha Sakthi Peetham.
Residing on flat top of Nallamalai Hills, Srisailam, Kurnool, AP on the banks of river KRISHNA
- The unique feature of this kshetram is the combination of Jyothirlingam and Mahasakthi in one campus, which is very rare and only one of its kind.
- This mountain is also named as Siridhan, Srigiri, Sirigiri, Sriparvatha and Srinagam. It has been a popular centre of Saivite pilgrimage for centuries.
- The prominence of this Divya Kshetram is highlighted by the fact that while performing our daily household rituals we specify place of location of our existence with reference to Srisailam.
- There is a common belief in vogue that this Holy Kshetram exists from times immemorial. The antiquity and origin of God Mallikarjuna Swamy and Goddess Bhramaramba Devi is not known.
- The Mallikarjuna Linga is accessible to each and every devotee and anybody can go into the sanctum sanctorum of Mallikarjuna, touch him and perform Abhishekam and Archana himself to recitation of Mantras by Archakas without caste or creed or religion. This clearly reveals that socialistic pattern of society started from this place and it is still in existence.
- “Om Namah Shivaya”
- “Hara Hara Mahadeva, Shambho Shankara”, “Namashivaaya:”
- “Sri Matre Namaha”
Visit Srisailam and be blessed