Srisailam – Mallikarjuna Swamy (Jyotirling) and Bhramarambika Devi (Shakti Peetham) Temple
Do’s and Dont’s
- Do Chant “Om NamaShivaaya:” and “Om Sri Matre Namaha:”
- Do pray your Ishta Daivam before pilgrimage to Srisailam.
- Do contact Srisaila Devasthanam information centre for enquiry, temple information and for Pooja details etc.
- Do reserve your travel and accommodation at Srisailam well in advance.
- Do bath and wear clean clothes before you enter the temple.
- Do concentrate on God Mallikarjuna Swamy and Goddess Bhramaramba Devi inside the temple.
- Do maintain silence and recite Om Namahsivaya or your Istamantram to your self inside the temple.
- Do observe ancient custom and traditions while in Srisailam.
- Do respect religious sentiments at Srisailam.
- Do deposit your offerings in the hundi only
- Do not come to Srisailam for any purpose other than worshipping of Sri Swamy and Ammavaru.
- Do not smoke at Srisailam.
- Do not consume alcoholic drinks at Srisailam.
- Do not eat non-vegetarian food in the Kshetram.
- Do not approach mediators for quick Darshanam. It may cause inconvenient to others.
- Do not carry any weapon inside the temple.
- Do not wear any head guards like helmets, caps, turbans and hats inside the temple premises.
- Do not perform Sastanga Pranama inside the Sanctum Sanctorum.
- Do not take much time while performing Sparsa Darshanam to Swamyvaru in Garbhalayam.
- Do not buy spurious prasadams from street vendors.
- Do not encourage beggars at Srisailam.
- Do not spit or create nuisance in the premises of the temple.