Sri Lalitha Peetham – Visakhapatnam has sixteen temples with Sri Lalitha Tripura Sundari as the principal deity is under the direct Management of Courtallam Sankaracharya Jagadguru HH Sri Siddheswarananda Bharathi Mahaswami.
Address and Contact Information:
49.12.28, LALITHA NAGAR,
VISAKHAPATNAM – 530016.
Phone Numbers: 0891-2721177 / 9440756483
- 1931 – Sri Lalitha Peetham was established at Lalitha Nagar, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh by Sri Jayanthi Mangayya Panthulu.
- Sri Sri Dakshina Murthy Maharaj, the first Peethadhipathi (who was Jayanthi Mangayya Panthulu in the poorvasramam)
- 1949, 02 Nov – Performed the prathisthapana of Sri Lalitha Devi Idol. Jagadguru Sri Aadi Sankaracharya system of panchayathana pooja is established at Sri Lalitha Peetham.
- 1956 – Sri Dakshina Murthy Maharaj’s Siddhi
- His sishya/disciple Sri Avyakthananda Maharaj became the second Peethadhipathi.
- 1998 – The Peetham was handed over to Sri Sivachidananda Bharathi Swami of Sri Siddheswari Peetham, Courtallam, as no suitable successor was found.
- During his tenure, the peetham was developed with more deities of Shri Shirdi Sai Baba, Sri Sitharama, Sri Subrahmaya, Sri Gahesha Siva, Sri Nagendra, Sri Mouna Swami, Sri Krishna. Sri Sivachidananda Bharati Swami attained siddhi in 2002.
- 2002 – His Successor HH Sri Siddheswarananda Mahaswami has established the great Manidweep in the campus of Sri Lalitha Peetham. Apart from Sri Lalitha Devi’s idol, which is in the center of Manidweep, there are other deities of Gayathri, Durga, Annapurneswari, Saraswathi, Kameswara, Ganapathi, Kali, Kalabhairava, Prathyangira, Mahishasura Mardhani, Rajasyamala, Varahi, Mahalakshmi, Madura Meenakshi, Bala. Also, Samadhi mandhirs for first and second gurus have been established in the campus.
- Apart from several other idols of Sri Medha Dakshina Murthy, Datthathreya, Hayagreeva, Sri Agasthya Muni, Swami Ayyappa, Puri Jagannadh, Balabhadra, Subhadra, Sri Radhakrishna, Lord Sri Venkateswara Swami, Jagathguru Sri Aadi Sankaracharya, there are Navagraha Mandap, Yaagasala, Gosala in the campus. Also, in the upstairs there is a big Shiva Linga along with Ardhanareeswara Sculpture in the front.
Here are some of the events performed every year:
- Sri Lalitha Kameswara Kalyanam: performed around Jan/Feb of every year, during when brahmothsavams will be celebrated.
- Sitharama Kalyanam: performed on every Sri Rama Navami day.
- Sri Lalitha Devi Pallaki Seva: performed on every Vijayadasami.
- Sravana Maasam: Thousands of devotees perform Varalakshmi Vratham and visit Sri Lalitha Devi during this month.
- A festival is conducted in the peetham during Navarathri
Om Sri Lalitha Devyai namaha:
Om Sri Matre Namaha:
Lalitha devi is Adi Shakti and source of all energies in this world. Pray Shakti and get blessed.