JagadGuru Jayendra Saraswathi (82) is no more:
- 69th head of the Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham passed away on 28th Feb 2018 due to cardiac arrest while he was suffering from respiratory problems for some time breathed last in ABC hospitals in Kanchipuram.
- Kanchi peetham is one of the most prominent Hindu monasteries/seat of vedic knowledge, established by Adi Shankaracharya in the 8th Century AD
- Vijayendra Saraswathi succeeds Jayendra swaraswathi as the 70th pontiff of Kanchi Mutt.
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, PM Modi and many others condoled over the loss of a great saint, who made several contributions to the wellbeing of the society and moreover he was well-known for his spirituality.
- Jayendra swaraswathi had a huge devotees following in all over India.
Rajya Sabha TV aired programmed on Damodar Sarvarkar(Veer Sarvarkar)
Rajya Sabha TV aired a 24-minute feature on Right-Wing Icon and political activist Veer Sarvarkar on account of his 125th birth anniversary in the Central Hall of Parliament, New Delhi.
- Broadcasted in Rajya Sabha TV’s flagship programme called ‘Vishesh’. Earlier it has also broadcasted Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, Bhagat Singh and Sardar Patel.
- Veer Sarvarkar, who was one among the 8 accused in Gandhi’s assassination. Veer Sarvarkar was known to Godse who assassinated Mahatma Gandhi on Jan 30, 1948.
- The programme emphasized on his reluctance towards caste discrimination, superstitions, cow worship and thereafter highlighting his book, “The Indian War of Independence”, which is about the Sepoy Mutiny also known as First war of Indian Independence 1857.
Allegations over North Korea:
- UN report says, North Korea offering Syria – the prohibited material such as acid-resistant tiles, valves and pipes, thermometers that could be used in Chemical weapons manufacturing.
- North Korea is already under international sanctions and US sanctions over its nuclear programme and missile tests.
Prohibited chlorine gas being allegedly used in rebel-held Eastern Ghouta, on the outskirts of Damascus, where around 600 people have been killed since its airstrikes and bombardments launched by government forces in order to retake the enclave.
Syrian civil war, entering its eighth year and Residents of Syrian Eastern Ghouta District said that they were waiting for their “turn to die.”
Syrian President Bashar Al Assad’s regime denied using any chemical weapons.
Chlorine is a prohibited substance under the 1997 Chemical Weapons Convention.
Victim’s suffering include eye irritation and breathing difficulties.
Hague based OPCW (Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons) organization monitoring such usage.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said that the residents were living in “hell on earth” and immediately appealed to suspend all the war activities in the Eastern Ghouta. UN Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution demanding a ceasefire (temporary halt) across rebel held Syria.