Vaishno Devi (Wife of Lord Vishnu) also known as Mata Rani, Trikuta and Vaishnavi, is a manifestation of the Adi Shakti as Goddess Mahalakshmi (one of Tridevi, others being Pravati, Saraswati).
‘Maa’ and ‘Mata’ means mother and goddesses are called and treated as mother and pray to protect her children.
Vaishno devi shrine is the holiest of all Shaktipeeths (a place where the Goddess Sati’s (Wife of Lord Shiva) head/skull fell here. In the Holy Cave of Shri Mata Vaishno Deviji, one does find stone remains of a human hand, popularly known as Varad Hast (the hand that grants boons and blessings).
Vaishno Devi Mandir is located in Katra at the Trikuta Mountains in Jammu and Kashmir and managed by Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB)
Helicopter services have resumed from 25-11-2015
The online facilities on this website shall be available starting 60 days in advance for any given day with opening at 10:00 am.
- Carry valid photo ID and address proof documents. Carry Electronic Reservation Slip (ERS) printout
- The Passenger must carry the Credit/Debit Card in original through which the Transaction has been made without which the Reservation/Boarding will be denied without any refund
- All the devotees who avail the facility of Atka Darshans against payment of prescribed amount shall be provided Prashad Kit.
For the safe guard of valuables, devotees can use locker facility at Bhawan
- Free Yatra Slip is also available at Vaishnavi Dham Jammu
- Tariff of Rooms/ Dormitory beds with respect to various Accommodations of SMVDSB shall be revised with effect from 01/01/2016.
- Utilize Online services offered by SMVDSB.
- Beware of touts and dalals
- Register on Board official website only.